Please read this carefully. You will be asked to verify that you have read this when you request a reservation or place an order.
• Reservations and orders are based upon availability. All reservations must be confirmed by Mathayom Private Chefs, LLC (forthwith known as MPC). Please do not assume that your order is placed unless you speak with an MPC representative.
• MPC will do everything possible to accommodate any order- however, short-notice orders may be denied. For the greatest chance of success, please plan ahead. We appreciate at least two weeks notice for Private Events and Provisioning and at least two days notice for our Drop-Off Service.
• Preliminary Deposits: To secure a date before details have been arranged, we gladly accept a $500 deposit for parties of 20 and under, or $1000 for parties of over 20. Once preliminary details have been established, we will charge the remainder of the deposit due.
• Deposits: A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to secure any Private Chef or Wedding / Banquet Date. For Gourmet Deliveries, Provisioning and Equipment Rentals, payment in full is required to secure the date.
• Balances Due:
- Private Chef Events- balance is due upon delivery.
- Weddings / Banquets- final head count and payment are due 30 days prior to the Event.
- Gourmet Deliveries- full balance is due upon final menu selection.
- Provisioning- full balance is due to secure the date.
- Equipment Rental- full balance is due to secure the date.
• Payment Methods:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and AMEX for your convenience. Please have your card number, expiration date, security code and billing address at hand.
- Certified or Cashier’s Check, Money Order, Local Check, Cash, or Traveler’s Check.
- Please remit payment to:
Mathayom Private Chefs
Box 1039 Cruz Bay
St. John, VI 00831-1039
• MPC is not responsible for cancellation due to acts of nature, transportation difficulties, death in the family, change of plans, or illness. All deposits are non-refundable and in an instance of cancellation within 14 days of the scheduled event, the client will be responsible for the remainder of the balance due.
• A chef's fee of $330 for up to 6 guests, and an additional fee of $20 per guest after 6 will be applied to all parties with a chef on site.
• A sous chef may be required for parties of over 10. The fee is $220 for up to five hours including setup and breakdown. Additional hours will be billed at a rate of $90 per hour.
• Servers may be required for some events and will be billed at $220 for up to five hours including setup and breakdown. Additional hours will be billed at a rate of $90 per hour. The following are the guidelines for required servers:
- All Formal Chef Events (1 per every 10-12 guests)
- Informal Chef Events (1 per every 20 guests)
- Buffets (1 server per every 20 guests)
- Cocktail Receptions (1 per every 20 guests)
• Additional staff including: bartenders, live station attendants, bussers and hosts may be required for some events and will be billed at $220 for up to five hours including setup and breakdown. Additional hours will be billed at a rate of $90 per hour.
• Dishwashers are required for any event of 10 or more guests with china, glass or silverware and will be billed at $220 for up to five hours including setup and breakdown. Additional hours will be billed at a rate of $90 per hour.
• Holiday Fees: A $480 Holiday Fee will apply to any event booked on a holiday.
• Delivery Fees Apply for Equipment Rental. Fees dependent upon volume of order, distance and ease of terrain. Average fee of $390 per 30 guests.
• Delivery Fees (as listed below) Apply for provisioning, drop-off.
- Cruz Bay to Gifft Hill Road $42
- Rendezvous & Fish Bay $42
- North Shore Road $60
- Centerline Gifft Hill to Columbo’s (North Shore Junction)$60
- Past Columbo’s, Coral Bay and beyond $78
• There will be a 10% service charge on parties of 20 people or more, with additional gratuities welcome at your discretion.