At St. John Catering we adhere to the highest levels of safety and cleanliness when it comes to serving our customers and complying with the official USVI coronavirus guidelines (which can be found here on our USVI Travel Info page). Please read, respect, and adhere to these guidelines as well while interacting with our beloved staff. To ensure clients are at ease with the service, St. John Catering maintains the strictest levels of precaution by observing the following protocols:
- Chefs and staff interacting with the guests will wear masks at all times
- St. John Catering staff (including kitchen staff and on-site personnel) are tested regularly
- All staff involved in food prep or food delivery follow USVI sanitation guidelines
Our ultimate goal is to be able to get back to the “new normal” and to safely serve as many guests as possible in the coming months, which for us requires overall long-term good health. We appreciate you helping us reach that goal, so that we can continue to serve the community of St. John for years to come. If you have any questions about the following guidelines as they pertain to your upcoming visit please contact our office at 340-777-5464.
Please Adhere to the Following Guidelines for All In-Villa Dining (including Family-Style and Plated Service):
- Be sure that the kitchen space is wiped down and ready prior to the chef’s arrival so that he or she may come to and exit work in an efficient manner.
- Have all dishes in the house clean prior to the Chef’s arrival. Ideally, the dishwasher will be empty, but at the very least have all dishes clean and dry.
- When the option is available, utilize an outdoor dining space.
- Most importantly, practice social distancing with our chef at all times and be mindful of personal space. Current guidelines ask for 6 feet (or the average height of a refrigerator) between two individuals for social distancing. And accordingly, please remember to wear your mask around all St. John Catering staff when inside those socially observed distances.
Please Adhere to the Following Guidelines for All Deliveries (when someone will be present at the villa during drop-off time):
- Your chef or delivery person will arrive at the designated time with your food and a printed menu; please be ready for their arrival by designating one individual from your group to greet and interact with the chef/delivery person.
- The selected individual should meet the chef at the door, take menu and food inside to unpack, and then empty and return any reusable coolers/bags to the chef, who will wait outside.
St. John Catering also has excellent relationships with most property management companies on St. John and can arrange contact-free delivery before your arrival or when you’re out enjoying the island during the day. St. John Catering offers contact-free delivery at no additional cost above standard delivery fees.
We realize that while on vacation in the comfort of your private villa, guests may have a tendency to imbibe alcohol, relax their inhibitions, and forget to distance around people they are familiar with, but please take special care to be aware of your chef’s wishes for physical separation and mask wearing while in close proximity.
Because of increased restrictions for business practices due to coronavirus regulations, accommodating last minute requests has become increasingly difficult. Therefore, we would appreciate a minimum of 48 hours notices for new reservations or to change existing reservations (additional fees apply for requests made within 48 hours of service).
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN REFUSAL OF SERVICE AND A FORFEITURE OF YOUR DEPOSIT, AND IS UP TO THE CHEF’S DISCRETION.
DEPOSITS FOR RESERVATIONS CHANGED OR CANCELLED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS RESTRICTIONS WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO RESCHEDULE BUT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO UNFORESEEABLE DEVELOPMENTS WITH COVID-19 IN THE US VIRGIN ISLANDS.
As always, thank you for your business and your support, and we look forward to serving you soon!