Current Travel Advisory Level: Yellow – Safer At Home
St. John and the US Virgin Islands reopened for visitors on September 19, 2020. The USVI is currently under the Safer At Home (yellow) level. General guidelines for this level are below, and full guidelines can be found on the USVI Department of Tourism website (Information for Leisure Travelers):
- TRAVEL GUIDELINES
- Prior to travel all travelers 5 years of age and older are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 5 days of travel with documentation submitted through the USVI TRAVEL SCREENING PORTAL.
- VISITOR GUIDELINES
- Masks or facial coverings are required from the moment of arrival and must cover the mouth and nose. This requirement is enforced by a fine.
- Gatherings are limited to no more than 100 individuals in a single room or space
- Taxicabs and safaris are limited to 50% capacity
- Retail stores are limited to 100 individuals at any time. (This does not apply to grocery stores, big-box stores, pharmacies and gas stations)
- BEACH GUIDELINES
- Public beaches are open daily from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- No picnics, parties, disc jockey (DJ), DJ equipment or the likes, camping, bonfires, cooking, barbecuing or grilling are permitted on any beach
- RESTAURANT GUIDLELINES
- Open but limited to 50% capacity
- All restaurants must be closed midnight to 6 a.m.
- There is no standing or congregating at the bar
- No more than 6 people per table, and all tables must be 6 feet apart.
- Employees must wear facial coverings at all times; patrons must wear facial coverings at all times except when seated at their private table.
CALL THE Department of Health’s hotline at 340-776-1519 IF YOU DEVELOP SYMPTOMS WHILE IN THE USVI
St. John Travel Resources
If visitors have any tourism-related questions that pertain to COVID-19 travel guidelines for St. John or the US Virgin Islands, they are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Tourism’s toll-free number at (800) 372-USVI (8784).
Below are additional reliable, online sources that have up to date information on current coronavirus travel guidelines and restrictions for the USVI.
- USVI Travel Screening Portal: usvitravelportal.com
- USVI Government Facebook Page: @GovernmentHouseUSVI
- USVI Travel Advisory: usviupdate.com
- USVI Department of Health: www.covid19usvi.com
- Office of Governor Albert Bryan Jr. of the USVI: www.vi.gov/covid
- American Airlines LetsGetChecked COVID testing program
- Delta Airlines Coronavirus Travel FAQs
- Spirit Airlines COVID-19 Information Center