You know those pre-cooked rotisserie chickens that every supermarket in America has? Let’s say you get one from the local Chicken Shack (Rawk!) and have leftovers. Here are several simple ideas for a 15-20 minute dinner:
– Chicken Salad with Red Grapes and Fresh Dill (mayo, dill, grapes, Worchester – mix it in a bowl) served on baguette
– Chicken Noodle Soup (canned or frozen chicken stock, celery, carrots, onion, fettuccine)
– Chicken Fajitas (flour tortillas, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa)
– Chicken Alfredo (cooked pasta, cream, parmesan, peas, bacon or ham)
– Chicken Fried Rice or Stir Fry (oil, day old rice, onions, carrots, fried egg, soy sauce, broccoli, fresh basil, lime juice)There are countless variations of each of these basic dishes. Mix it up! Use what you have on hand and experiment with new ingredients.
Chicken is very forgiving and takes on whatever flavor you want to give it. Just be sure to add it at the end, since this chicken is already cooked and you don’t want to dry it out.